Saturday, September 10, 2011

MS Mud Run 2011



Worked MS Mud run and a LOTS of injuries. I could still do the dance...prioritize, triage, evaluate, diagnose and treat like I never missed a day... I guess I needed to know that was still there. MS took a lot but that part is still there,.. My daughters got to see me in action. Hard to impress a 13 and 10 year old who thinks they "know" their mother. Okay I am proud of myself today and helped a wonderful cause. Time for sleep :) There is a reason I cannot do this every day Really though, I need to help with the ordering of supplies for next year as we had no bandaids, I made over 5+ splints from cardboard boxes, pillows and duct tape. I have to admit I was surprised when their treatment for blisters and hurt ankles and knees was duct tape and no athletic tape was to be found. I have a lot of Macgyver in me but duct tape on skin is kinda wrong.....  Great video at http://vimeo.com/28895258




No comments: