Monday, September 12, 2011

Thank you

I found this on facebook...


don't know where I posted it before afterwards, but you all did a fantastic job with the run this year - $500k i heard whilst on the course & the food and beer went super great! fantastic, outstanding, stupendous, wonderful, and september 8th is coming!!! Also thank you to all the generous volunteers especially Beth for saving my running partner by bandaging up her blisters and giving her her own sox!!!

A woman came in to the first aid tent I was working and had terrible blisters all around her ankles because her socks were shorter then her boots.  I patched them up the best that I could and I offered her my socks.  All the other people there looked at me and I made some crack about drawing the line at giving someone my pants.  She offered me hers in exchanged which made me laugh because they were at least 6 lbs of pure mud. I only gave her a pair of socks and medical care.  She bled, crawled through the mud and ran 6 miles across numerous obstacles all to raised money for MS.  I am humbled by the 3000 runners and volunteers who fought 9-10-11 to raise $50,000 for the MS Society...

No comments: